15 books for FB notes
Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag 15 friends, including me.
1. The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
2. Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery
3. Superfriends dictionary (D.C. comic superheroes help define/illustrate words in comic book style)
4. Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
5. Gaudy Night - Dorothy Sayers
6. Edgar Allan Poe's various stories (The Telltale Heart and The Pendulum)
7. that nonfiction book about the Zionist movement and the setting up of Israel in the 1940s (I was 12 so I don't remember the title and author but it stuck with me)
8. Point of Hopes and Point of Dreams (can't decide which one) - Melissa Scott and Lisa Barnett
9. Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
10. Franny and Zooey - J.D. Salinger
11. Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley
12. Candide - Voltaire
13. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
14. Stiffed - Susan Faludi (this reminds me of Nickeled and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich - there should never be such a thing as the working poor, I mean the idea one can work one's butt off and still not be able to afford decent shelter, food, etc., just makes me growl)
15. Cat's Eye - Margaret Atwood (not one of her Sci-Fi books)
Update: thought of a few more I want to add. Morality Play by Barry Unsworth, The Crimson and the White Petal by Michael Faber, and the Otherland series by Tad Williams. I love reading Michael Chabon (Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, and Gentlemen of the Road) - I like how his books read both as a good yarn and as pretty good literature. I might like that when I read these I feel like I am getting in touch with the Jewish in me (father's side, whom I have yet to meet).
1. The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
2. Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery
3. Superfriends dictionary (D.C. comic superheroes help define/illustrate words in comic book style)
4. Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
5. Gaudy Night - Dorothy Sayers
6. Edgar Allan Poe's various stories (The Telltale Heart and The Pendulum)
7. that nonfiction book about the Zionist movement and the setting up of Israel in the 1940s (I was 12 so I don't remember the title and author but it stuck with me)
8. Point of Hopes and Point of Dreams (can't decide which one) - Melissa Scott and Lisa Barnett
9. Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
10. Franny and Zooey - J.D. Salinger
11. Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley
12. Candide - Voltaire
13. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
14. Stiffed - Susan Faludi (this reminds me of Nickeled and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich - there should never be such a thing as the working poor, I mean the idea one can work one's butt off and still not be able to afford decent shelter, food, etc., just makes me growl)
15. Cat's Eye - Margaret Atwood (not one of her Sci-Fi books)
Update: thought of a few more I want to add. Morality Play by Barry Unsworth, The Crimson and the White Petal by Michael Faber, and the Otherland series by Tad Williams. I love reading Michael Chabon (Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, and Gentlemen of the Road) - I like how his books read both as a good yarn and as pretty good literature. I might like that when I read these I feel like I am getting in touch with the Jewish in me (father's side, whom I have yet to meet).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home